An enterprise solution
for MRO service shops
SmartShop automates and orchestrates shop floor operations like inspections, work scope determination, repair, assembly, quality assurance, and reporting in GE Aviation and GE Power repair facilities.
Because of different standards and processes, GE Aviation and GE Power decided to unify them. The answer to this challenge was to create a softwarethat both businesses could share and that would be:
The first development step was to travel to a repair shop to meet end-users. We shadowed their work and observed first-hand the pain points they faced every day. Afterwards we started turning user insights and research findings into software features and processes.
Saved ~40 full time headcount per year in every shop
Up to 50% cost reduction
for specific processes
Estimated 84 099 labor hours saved per year
thanks to cost savings
• Part of a team of three UX designers across US and Europe supporting four teams of developers.
• Participate and coordinate research efforts at GE service shops globally, including on-site research studies, user interviews, and usability studies. Visit in GE service shop in Singapore
• Maintaining UI design system in Sketch libraries and specification documents.
• Ensuring that the product vision of stakeholders is transformed into designed product features
• Help Polish dev teams to quickly implement user stories by providing thorough UX / UI documentation of features, including mockups, user story descriptions and consultations on a two-week sprint schedule
• Establish consistent functionality and interactions by participating in design critiques with the SmartShop UX team members responsible for individual dev teams
• Deliver user insights to the dev team by presenting findings from research trips and usability studies